Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pumpkin, a little on the savory side.




There's so many things you can do with pumpkins, amazing pumpkin carvings, and even more amazing pumpkin dishes. There's tons and tons of sweet pumpkin recipes, pumpkin pie, cake, cookies, gelato, I could go on forever. But what about savory pumpkin dishes? There's just as many, if not more! In my search for savory pumpkin recipes, I found this savory muffin, with pumpkin and feta cheese. The amazing pictures make my tummy grumble, I can't wait to try the recipe. Some more savory pumpkin recipes I came across.
At Martha Stewart.com I found savory pumpkin puffs, puff pastry with a pumpkin mixture in the middle. Also a Pork with mashed pumpkin.
At Food & Wine.com I found Pumpkin soup with sage and ham, a nice hearty winter soup for cold days. Pumpkin Lasagna, sounds yummy, fast and easy, it calls for no boil noodles so don't worry about having to slave over the pot of boiling water, and broken sheets of noodles! Winter Squash and Gruyère Gratin , what's better than melty crunchy cheese?
At Eat Drink Better.com I found Beyond Pie: 10 Great Savory Pumpkin Recipes. There are some great sounding recipes, pumpkin pretzels, pumpkin risotto, pumpkin hummus, and fresh pumpkin pasta just to name a few.

I personally do not care for pumpkin, but I do love other squash. So if you feel the same way, you can substitute another winter squash in for the pumpkin. Don't know much about other winter squash? Read up about winter squash on the Wikipedia page.

Do you have any favorite savory pumpkin/squash recipes of your own? Please share them with me!

Thanksgiving is just a few days away, are you ready?

No comments: