Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

I was supposed to work this weekend on Sunday as I always do, but the other girl I work with needed to switch days. Oh, sweet, two days off in a row! When I told my dad he said to come on over for a super bowl party. My thoughts on the super bowl?? I managed to avoid football all the season so far, I have no clue who is playing, nor would it make a difference if I did know,BUT... of course there's always a BUT... I get to make food for people! SCORE! Two days in a row off and I get to make tons of food I don't have to worry about eating.

So what's in store for my super bowl menu you ask? Well seeing as I've already posted about white, kidney and no beans one more is fitting. Roasted garlic hummus (ode to my brother) with pita chips and" red lobster's" cheddar biscuits.

"RL" Cheddar Biscuits found on abcnews.com

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Bush on Top:

2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
pinch salt

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
4.20Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.


Roasted Garlic Hummus found on RecipeZaar.com

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375°F Cut off the very top of the garlic clove (about 1/4") so that the tops of most of the cloves are exposed slightly. Coat with a little olive oil and wrap securely in tin foil. Roast garlic in oven for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool.
  2. Using your fingers, squeeze the soft, roasted garlic out of each clove into food processor. Rinse and drain cooked or canned chickpeas. Add them, and all other ingredients, to the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
  3. Scrape ingredients off sides of food processor to make sure it blends evenly. If you find that the hummus is too thick, you can add additional olive oil at this time. Add it very slowly, allowing the mixture to combine fully before adding more liquid.
  4. Serve at room temperature with crudites, warm pita or crackers.
  5. Optional: Sprinkle with chopped parsley or paprika before serving.

No comments: